Let us guess – you are intrigued by Mount Kilimanjaro, but you are not sure whether you could actually climb it? Perhaps you are worried that you might be too old, too unfit, too overweight, or whether the organizational effort is too difficult? Then keep reading, because we have good news for you!
Organizing a Kilimanjaro hike means reading up upon and getting your head around a lot of information. I would recommend to proceed in the following step-by-step sequence:
- Why – is Kilimanjaro for you, will you be able to truly enjoy it?
- Who with – do you want to organize a private hike or join a group tour?
- When – which are the best months?
- How long – what can you afford versus what is recommendable?
- Which route – join the masses or go off into the wild?
- Which operator – what are the criteria to watch out for?